Department of Automation of Library Technologies is structural subdivision of Central Scientific Library of RSE on Gylymordasy. Creation of the department was caused by the demand of the time and took place in stages.
In May 1983, a group of AIS (automated information system) was created in the CSL of the Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh SSR, consisting of 3 people. The corresponding work was carried out to determine the number of subscribers for the information service of the AU.
The adaptation of the mathematical software on thecomputer of IMM KazSSR was carried outwith with the representatives of the OASI BEN, and a test case based on the requests made by the AU group was conducted.
In ASI in 1984, two institutes of the Institute of Chemical Sciences and the Institute of Organic Catalysis and Electrochemistry took automated maintenance. In October 1984, a meeting of the problem commission on automation and mechanization of library and bibliographic processes was held at the Central Scientific Library, the work of the ASI CSL KazSSR group was evaluated positively.
With the development of CSL automation in 1994, the process of entering an electronic catalog in the AIBS local version of Mark 3.73 was begun.
In 1999, the Research Department of New Information Technologies and Automation of Library and Bibliographic Processes was created by the CSL of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and the rights and responsibilities of the department for coordinating the interaction of CSL units in solving technological problems between departments were expanded.
In 2000, work began at the AIBS in the network version of MarkSQL.
Since 2004, the work on digitizing documents has begun in the CSL. Since 2012, digitized documents have become available to users through the CSL website.
In 2013, the CSL was included in the RSE on the "Gylymordasy" of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan as a structural unit for the reason of the liquidation of the Central Scientific Library of the Central Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The Department of Automation of Library Technologies was created in the department of the Central Library.
In December 2012, the CSL is completely transferred to the new AIGS "MegaPro", which is a multifunctional universal library information system of the new (4th) generation, fully implemented as a Web-system based on modern architectural solutions and development tools.
AIBS "MegaPro" includes a set of modules that correspond to all the main technological processes of the library. Work with any module can be performed both in the local computer network, and from anywhere on the Internet.
The purpose of the department is to develop the automation of the information-bibliographic processes of the CSL and the libraries of the network under the NRU.
The basic directions of the Automation library technologies department:
1. The automated service of readers with the help of modern information technologies.
2. Introduction оf renovations of automated library system AIBS «Mega-Pro».
3. Development of information resources of the library
4. Development of information technologies of the Scientific library
5. Scientific and methodical work
Department production activity:
1. Development and perfection of works on automation of library technology, information and telecommunication infrastructure of SL.
2. Creation of own actual electronic resources of the Scientific Library.
3. Development of Website, site nomination of the Scientific library resources.
4. Maintenance of the rational organization of accumulation, storage and maintenance of databases of the electronic catalogue and information files of the library.
5. Support and modernization in the development of new information technologies, service of library structure.
The purpose of work of the department activity is both improvement of quality service of users on the basis of library-information processes perfection, and introduction of new information technologies in practice of library work.
Information work of the department is realized in the following directions: expansion of information functions of libraries on the basis of introduction of BBP automation; granting of information resources to users, including foreign; formation of the reference and bibliographic device in traditional and electronic forms; the organization of reference and bibliographic service; formation of information culture; distribution of library-bibliographic knowledge, methodical help for libraries - branches at SRI, RK МES.
According to the purposes and problems of information work the library
realizes introduction, operational support of software АIBS «МеgаPro», optimization of internal library processes on the basis of automation of work places, perfection of users service system in the library on the basis of information technologies.
АIBS «МеgаPro» is the multipurpose universal library information system of new (4th) generation realized completely as Web-system on the basis of modern architectural decisions and means of development.
АIBS «МеgаPro» includes a set of modules corresponding to all basic technological processes of the library. Work with any module can be carried out both in the local computer network, and from any point of the Internet.
The basic modules of system:
The Scientific library conducts databases of electronic catalogues in АIBS:
Own generation of «Gylym оrdasy» RSE Scientific library
One of significant directions of the work is creation of full text resources of the Scientific library, development of information resources of the library, access of users to the information of full text documents of library.
Full text editions are exposed on a site of the Scientific library accessible to users through a site of the Scientific library www.library.kz – by category «Full text electronic resources», (scheme), also references to resources through the Electronic catalogue of the library in program АIBS «Mega Pro» are in parallel exposed. A digital copy becomes available in «Digital library» DB.
Full text electronic collections are created with application of «FlippingBook», PDF format.
WEB-site of the Scientific library as virtual sources of information, provides access to the information placed on them at any time, in any volume and from any point far off.
The purpose of a site is both providing a free approach to scientific editions, manuscripts, rare editions, documents available in a small amount of copies, to assist scientific employees, undergraduates, doctoral, students of the Higher schools in a choice of unique works from the base of the Scientific library and acquaintance with remote materials.
Full text resources of the Scientific library exposed on a site: www.library.kz
RK NAS Magazines are exposed in PDF format with an opportunity of downloading and listing.
NAS RK Magazines - 9 series (1 series since 2011 is closed)
Scientific magazines of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan (the electronic version). It is coordinated with the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. RK NAS Bulletin is edited since 1944. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2006-2015 are exposed)
2. RK NAS Reports is issued since 1944. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2006-2015 are exposed)
3. RK NAS News. Biological and medical series. It is issued since 1946. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2006-2015 are exposed)
4. RK NAS News. Geological series. It is issued since 1940. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2006-2015 are exposed)
5. RK NAS News. Social studies series. It is issued since 1963. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2006-2015 are exposed)
6. RK NAS News. Physical and mathematical series. It is issued since 1963. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2006-2015 are exposed)
7. RK NAS News. Philological series. It is issued since 1945. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers with 2006-2010 are exposed). Since 2011 a series is not issued.
8. RK NAS News. Chemical series. It is issued since 1947. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2006-2015 are exposed)
9. RK NAS News. Agrarian sciences series. It is issued since 2011. In Kazakh, Russian (numbers since 2012-2015 are exposed)
Scanning of documents, books, articles without recognition;
Scanning of documents, books, articles with recognition;
Creation of electronic documents;
Computer typing in Kazakh, Russian, English.
Operating mode: from 9-00 till 18-00
Dinner: from 13-00 till 14-00
The day off: Saturday, Sunday
Last Thursday of month – sanitary day
The address: Almaty, Кurmangazy Street, 29/corner of Кunayev street
Cabinet № 3